shinpads

Old August 31st 05, 02:55 PM
andyparry

Default shinpads

I UPD'd on the weekend at got some sand in my shinpads and through out
the day it mixed with sweat and made quite an effective grinding paste
and removed a 3cm square area of skin from my shin. So maybe non of us
should bother wearing shin pads...

--
andyparry
andyparry's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8106

Old August 31st 05, 03:05 PM
evil-nick

I've lost 4 cm2 of skin scraping on pavement After that kind of
fall, take the pad off and wipe off the sand... Remember what
"sandpaper" does?

--
evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old August 31st 05, 03:23 PM
Loosemoose

This is interesting, since I was going to post about how benificial to
me my shin/knee pads were to me yesterday...

I messed up a pedal grab, and my uni didn't move after I shifted my
weight forward to try and launch from the ledge I'd grabbed. Result was
I dropped 4ft pretty much flat, landing on hands and knees half onto a
brick (read very hard) path, and half in a rosebed. My head did hit the
floor, but I kept the majority of my body off the ground, slowing my
impact with my arms. However my legs hit the floor without any slowing
at all, and my left leg landed half on the path (lower half) and half in
the rosebed (knee), a good 2 inches below the level of the path (and
with a sharp corner edge).

Now its my belief that my 661s not only cushioned my legs from major
impact, but also spread the force across my knee (the corner impacted an
inch or so below the kneecap), and stopped my kneecap from shattering or
my leg from breaking. Its siezed & swollen today, I can hardly move it,
but its still in one piece.

I can however agree that having stuff stuck between the pad & the leg
can be very irritating. I always wear very thin trousers when I ride, so
there is always a layer between my pads & my legs.

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old August 31st 05, 04:26 PM
Fly04066814

i lannded on corner of bricks without shin guards once stop trying jump
up that pretty fast

--
Fly04066814 - Bet a can stick it
Fly04066814's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8845

Old September 1st 05, 12:36 AM
maxisbackintown

get 661 4x4

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Old February 17th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

i cant wate untill i get my 661 4x4s i am hoping to buy them off ebay to
try and save some money but i dont no wether i can last that long and i
may just buy some from the shops, i go out everyday for a few hours a
day and im at the stage of learning to unispin and crankflip and my
shins an knees are taking a serious beeting even with footbal shinpads
and a layer of 15 mm foam
i would say shinpads are the most important peice of kit after a uni of
corse and wouldnt go out without anything on my shins

--
sp4rky-m4rky
sp4rky-m4rky's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14270

Old February 17th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Damn loose you should just stop riding near rose beds, they've been
nothing but bad luck for you.

--
kington99

Dave

Old February 17th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

andyparry wrote:
I UPD'd on the weekend at got some sand in my shinpads and through out
the day it mixed with sweat and made quite an effective grinding paste
and removed a 3cm square area of skin from my shin. So maybe non of us
should bother wearing shin pads...

Shirts, trousers, pants, gloves, shoes, helmets, kneeguards mixed with
sweat and sand have exactly the same effect except that it won't be
your shin. Let's take an example to Yoggi and all turn into potsmoking
nudist unicyclists, that way we don't have to clean our shinpads after
we've dirtied them in the sand and we won't have any irritation at all!
Except that maybe some BMX style pedals with sharp pins might embed
themselves into our shins and being a nudist in winter doesn't seem to
be the most effective thing I've seen so far.

--
DustinSchaap

FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\")

Old February 17th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Probailer2

DustinSchaap wrote:
Shirts, trousers, pants, gloves, shoes, helmets, kneeguards mixed with
sweat and sand have exactly the same effect except that it won't be
your shin. Let's take an example to Yoggi and all turn into potsmoking
nudist unicyclists, that way we don't have to clean our shinpads after
we've dirtied them in the sand and we won't have any irritation at all!
Except that maybe some BMX style pedals with sharp pins might embed
themselves into our shins and being a nudist in winter doesn't seem to
be the most effective thing I've seen so far.

Something tells me Dustin doesn't like Koxx-One.
Don't know why though.

PM

--
Probailer2

john_childs wrote:
Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

musketman wrote:
Kris Holm owns death

abbabibble wrote:
cody bent his koxx.

he was working it pretty hard.

dudewithasock wrote:
Bush is probably just trying to get free Playboy.

Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034

Old February 17th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gabetheunicycleman

murphys law: whenever one rides without thy shinpads, thy recieves quite
a bulbus pedalbite.

i took one of mine off for 3 mins as i was walking around with my uni,
got a pedalbite on my calf

--
gabetheunicycleman

hurrah for 3/4 flips