My new 29er!!!!!!!!

Old November 5th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

Default My new 29er!!!!!!!!

My dream that started with riding Tim's (uniMog's) 28" Sun is finally
completed!

The specs for my new 29er:
'07 KH Freeride Saddle
Rail adapter
Primo rod seatpost
Odyssey GI seatpost clamp
Nimbus X 29" Frame
125mm Qu-Ax Alloy cranks w/ chromed dustcaps
Snafu pedals
UDC wide CrMo hub
Sun CR-18 700c rim
14g DT Champion spokes
Bontrager Hard Case Race Lite 28c tire
Wheel build: me!

Pics (I couldn't get a hold of a camera right after putting it
together, and I wanted to ride it, so it has like 6 miles on it in the
pics):
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...f476081b076a7]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...f476081b076a7]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...f476081b076a7]
And, for all those I asked who were unsure of the amount of clearance
the frame would provide, here it is with a 28c ti
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...f476081b076a7]
And, finally:

--
onelesscar

"It's f*$%^*g raining!"
"Well, is it f*$%^*g or is it raining?"

"That car was -melting-????"
onelesscar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11127

Old November 5th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfreak220

thats a really thin tire compared to what people usually use. hows it
ride?

--
zfreak220

iridemymuni wrote:
i think everybody agrees when i say you lucky son of a bitch

zfreak220's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11948

Old November 5th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

It's awesome! It feels like going from a mountain bike to a road bike,
kinda jittery but amazing. It turns so easily, but I'm not used to
short cranks, so while I'm getting used to them I find it a little
harder to correct my forward/backward balance when I'm about to fall.

I'm thinking of naming it SLVR (sliver) like the new motorola phone.

Old November 5th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisteez

looks like fun.
how fast can you get goin on it?

that's a really tall coffee table.

--
unisteez

If trees could scream would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy
unisteez's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11988

Old November 5th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

that looks awesome! how do you like the saddle?

--
mornish

ivan wrote:
I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

mscalisi wrote:
wait...invisible AND pink?

dan de man wrote:
this game is worse that playing Rock Paper Sissors on an internet forum

tugboat wrote:
Hopping over a 7 set rail... I made it over and and cleared the set, but
the impact apparently wasn't good for the wheel...

Old November 5th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boo radley

looks more like a 28er at best.

--
boo radley

"no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

Old November 5th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

boo radley wrote:
looks more like a 28er at best.

Oh, I suppose you're right... This thin tire is more for
fun, next tire I get will be bigger.

mornish wrote:
that looks awesome! how do you like the saddle?

Overall, it's a lot better. I think, however, that instead of taking
wedges of foam off the front and back, he should've left the foam on
the back and just taken a wedge off the front. The groove is really
good, though. I haven't experienced any numbness or pain on it, like my
last one. I get a little tired sitting on it, but I figure that's
because I haven't finished tweaking the settings on the rail adapter.

unisteez wrote:
how fast can you get goin on it?

My friend (on his bike) clocked me cruising at 8-10 mph easily, and I
peaked at 13mph. Like I said earlier, though, I still don't feel
completely comfortable going really fast on these short cranks, though
I'm getting better. When I get the fatter tire, I'll also be able to go
a little faster than this.

One thing that really surprised me about the short cranks is that they
provide more than enough torque for going up hills and accelerating,
but it's much more difficult to slow down and go down hills...

Old November 5th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

yeah, I rode a 28" with 150 and there was so much torque it was almost
unridable. I think 125's or 114's would be perfect. Great job on the
wheelbuild!

--
mornish

ivan wrote:
I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

mscalisi wrote:
wait...invisible AND pink?

Old November 5th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Looks nice! That seat is kinda goofy looking... it will take me awhile
to get used to seeing seats like that.

mornish wrote:
yeah, I rode a 28" with 150 and there was so much torque it was almost
unridable. I think 125's or 114's would be perfect.

At Moab 2004 Jim Roberts rode a 29er with either 190mm or 210mm
cranks(I can't remember which)

--
forrestunifreak

If I had a signature, it would look something like this.
-MY GALLERY!! (\"HTTP://WWW.FUNNYJUNK.COM/PAGES/HAHA.HTM\")-
*Banana's for Jesus!*

Shaun Johanneson wrote:
i like to dance like a groovy boy

Old November 5th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

wow, thats insane!

--
mornish

ivan wrote:
I believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

mscalisi wrote:
wait...invisible AND pink?

24 or 29er? unisteez Unicycling 22 November 3rd 06 01:58 PM
On One 29er Steve Hodgson UK 1 March 6th 06 01:36 PM
KH 29er xc uni musketman Unicycling 4 December 12th 05 07:33 AM
29er Tire Study. Wanted! Active 29er riders and design ideas U-Turn Unicycling 19 March 8th 05 01:54 AM
I got a 29er! nikkifrog Unicycling 6 September 18th 03 12:03 PM