Mondial - Dames - Women

Old September 29th 07, 12:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Mondial - Dames - Women

I'm hopefully going to have the last lap available for both http and
ftp pretty soon

I'll give the locations as soon as I can test them out

BUT they will be very large downloads...............

And the commentary is in Italian - but not really needed if you also
get a text commentary to go with it

Hopefully it will work but it's more of an experiment really as I'm
actually sitting in Spain running my TV and Box by remote control and
may not be able to fix any Borks

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
Old September 29th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Davey Crockett schreef:
I'm hopefully going to have the last lap available for both http and
ftp pretty soon

There will be a post of the last 4 laps in
alt.binaries.multimedia.sports this afternoon, I feel it! Probably with
Dutch commentary, though, and only 352x216 size (PAL, cropped).

Great race by the Italians.

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 29th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 29, 1:06 pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
I'm hopefully going to have the last lap available for both http and
ftp pretty soon

I'll give the locations as soon as I can test them out

BUT they will be very large downloads...............

And the commentary is in Italian - but not really needed if you also
get a text commentary to go with it

Hopefully it will work but it's more of an experiment really as I'm
actually sitting in Spain running my TV and Box by remote control and
may not be able to fix any Borks

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
-
Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux

I just watched it live in France using Cycling.TV. It worked well, I
Bronzini would rather have been called Goldini.

-ilan

Old September 29th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

* Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| I'm hopefully going to have the last lap available for both http and
| ftp pretty soon
|
| I'll give the locations as soon as I can test them out
|
| BUT they will be very large downloads...............
|
| And the commentary is in Italian - but not really needed if you also
| get a text commentary to go with it
|
| Hopefully it will work but it's more of an experiment really as I'm
| actually sitting in Spain running my TV and Box by remote control and
| may not be able to fix any Borks

PLEASE READ FULLY BEFORE LOGGIN ONTO MY BOX

OK, following up

Perhaps your best bet would be to follow Ewoud's link this pm - like
it's 1400 hrs. here now

But for the bold, you can get it in TS format from my computer at

http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts

The full file is there and it is also split into 18 smaller files

http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.001 thru
http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.018

And you will have to join the files. "cat" works fine Unix/Linux but I
don't know about Windows or Mac

The Unix/Linux crowd will know what to use to play it, but I don't have
any idea what is needed on Windows or Mac - VLC I believe has versions
tha work on DOS and OS/X

Just make sure you can play it before wasting time downloading it

I left the directory "open" so you can see all the files

On ftp it's
Host: azurservers.com
Port: 6021
for anonymous access (User: anonymous ;; Password: or similar
****)

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old September 29th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/ is an option.

Yep, http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 29th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
* Davey Crockett a écrit profondement:

| I'm hopefully going to have the last lap available for both http and
| ftp pretty soon
|
| I'll give the locations as soon as I can test them out
|
| BUT they will be very large downloads...............
|
| And the commentary is in Italian - but not really needed if you also
| get a text commentary to go with it
|
| Hopefully it will work but it's more of an experiment really as I'm
| actually sitting in Spain running my TV and Box by remote control and
| may not be able to fix any Borks

PLEASE READ FULLY BEFORE LOGGIN ONTO MY BOX

OK, following up

Perhaps your best bet would be to follow Ewoud's link this pm - like
it's 1400 hrs. here now

But for the bold, you can get it in TS format from my computer at

http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts

Thanks Davey, I am running a Linux box next to my Windows box, and if it's
still available later tonight, I'll give it a try. Also the race is streamed
in English today on WCSN, and the streaming window can be zoomed to a full
scream, but I would like to see what you got.

thanks,
GBMT

Old September 29th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

* "GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Thanks Davey, I am running a Linux box next to my Windows box, and if it's
| still available later tonight, I'll give it a try. Also the race is streamed
| in English today on WCSN, and the streaming window can be zoomed to a full
| scream, but I would like to see what you got.

Well talking about streaming, I noticed something very strange

If you go http://azurservers.com/ciclismo and take a look at the
directory, you will see that after splitting the original file into
parts, http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.008 and
http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.012 will stream and are
marked as such in the directory listing.

In other words they will play directly. At least with my portable
running Opera browser with Xine for a helper app they do

It thrashes around for a while digesting to 50 megs and then plays,
not half as well as downloading and launching it with VLC though

This is very strange behaviour for a chunk of a split master file and
I don't know the reason for it since I split the big file with just a
standard *nix "split -b 50000000" and used "mvb" to rename the bits

So there's no chance that I handled those two chunks differently and
in any instance they are just split at an arbitrary point in the file
( 7 * 50000000 + 1 Bytes and 11 * 50000000 + 1 Bytes as start points
for the two chunks respectively )

Notably the original file does not stream but must be downloaded and
launched manually

Do you have any thoughts on this?.

--
Davey Crockett - No 4Q to Reply
Old September 29th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
* "GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Thanks Davey, I am running a Linux box next to my Windows box, and if

it's
| still available later tonight, I'll give it a try. Also the race is

streamed
| in English today on WCSN, and the streaming window can be zoomed to a

full
| scream, but I would like to see what you got.

Well talking about streaming, I noticed something very strange

If you go http://azurservers.com/ciclismo and take a look at the
directory, you will see that after splitting the original file into
parts, http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.008 and
http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.012 will stream and are
marked as such in the directory listing.

In other words they will play directly. At least with my portable
running Opera browser with Xine for a helper app they do

It thrashes around for a while digesting to 50 megs and then plays,
not half as well as downloading and launching it with VLC though

This is very strange behaviour for a chunk of a split master file and
I don't know the reason for it since I split the big file with just a
standard *nix "split -b 50000000" and used "mvb" to rename the bits

So there's no chance that I handled those two chunks differently and
in any instance they are just split at an arbitrary point in the file
( 7 * 50000000 + 1 Bytes and 11 * 50000000 + 1 Bytes as start points
for the two chunks respectively )

Notably the original file does not stream but must be downloaded and
launched manually

Do you have any thoughts on this?.

No I wouldn't. Mpeg files still play if split, they usually don't corrupt by
splitting like some files do, haven't tried any streaming tests from a Linux
box. For ascii, txt or binary images, I just use file splitting software to
split and resemble. Images often will show part of an image sometimes when
its not asslembled correctly, but I haven't tested a huge variety of
behaviors of various extensions.

Xine made me flash on Wine! It's been a very long time before I looked into
Wine. I wonder if it's gotten much better! I think progress was slower then
molasses! I don't have much time today to fool around, but I will try to
snag that huge ts file tonight and give it a go.

GBMT

Old September 30th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
* "GoneBeforeMyTime" a écrit profondement:

| Thanks Davey, I am running a Linux box next to my Windows box, and if

it's
| still available later tonight, I'll give it a try. Also the race is

streamed
| in English today on WCSN, and the streaming window can be zoomed to a

full
| scream, but I would like to see what you got.

Well talking about streaming, I noticed something very strange

If you go http://azurservers.com/ciclismo and take a look at the
directory, you will see that after splitting the original file into
parts, http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.008 and
http://azurservers.com/ciclismo/dames.ts.012 will stream and are
marked as such in the directory listing.

In other words they will play directly. At least with my portable
running Opera browser with Xine for a helper app they do

It thrashes around for a while digesting to 50 megs and then plays,
not half as well as downloading and launching it with VLC though

This is very strange behaviour for a chunk of a split master file and
I don't know the reason for it since I split the big file with just a
standard *nix "split -b 50000000" and used "mvb" to rename the bits

So there's no chance that I handled those two chunks differently and
in any instance they are just split at an arbitrary point in the file
( 7 * 50000000 + 1 Bytes and 11 * 50000000 + 1 Bytes as start points
for the two chunks respectively )

Notably the original file does not stream but must be downloaded and
launched manually

Do you have any thoughts on this?.

That clip was better then the last hour I saw on WCSN. Good coverage by
RAI-3, but they always do a good job. I have a lot of tapes of the classics
and tours from the mid 90's. They are always more animated, and i like the
way they call off the riders at the front, and update the breaks. They have
always been good at that, but Italian cameramen are really good in the field
as well, it's an art with them.

GBMT

Let's here it from the women. cathwood Unicycling 70 August 6th 08 02:43 AM
Groups of women DustinMichels Unicycling 34 November 16th 05 10:06 AM
Women in SF TritonRider Racing 22 September 13th 04 11:55 PM
Bicycles are better than women because: Richard Bates UK 5 August 19th 03 08:32 AM
Bicycles are better than women because: Richard Bates UK 2 August 15th 03 07:40 AM