The future Australain unicycling newsletter...

Old November 5th 03, 08:19 AM
GizmoDuck

Default The future Australain unicycling newsletter...

andrew_carter wrote:
* Also, I think it'd be good to try to bring the Australia and New
Zealand unicycling societies closer together.
Andrew *

What NZ unicycling society?

Yeah, we have thought about starting up one of those too!

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

"I'll be there with bells on!"
Tony on the NZUni weekend

"right thats it im dressing up like a woman!"
James on the NZuni weekend

"If not for a weird inner ear condition that prevents me from crossing
the equator, I'd be there too."
JJuggle- the most original excuse not to attend the NZUni weekend

"At least if someone hurts themselves, Ken should be able to fix them up
with brain surgery on the spot if he brings a scalpel and some
bandages."
Rowan- on my surgical skills

Old November 5th 03, 08:21 AM
GizmoDuck

andrew_carter wrote:
*P.S. Ken, although I'm sure that after Woodford Tony will have spent
a fortune on airfares to Australia you are all invited to our Weekend
of Australian Muni. I'll do you a deal...if you guys come over here
for WAM, I'll come to an endurance event over there next year.

Andrew *

Hmm...sounds like a reasonable cultural exchange...when is it?

Old November 6th 03, 10:50 AM
andrew_carter

Well it's still in it's early stages although I've had quite a few
replies from people saying they'd be interested in attending. At thew
moment I'm really just asking people when they could make
it...especially those of you who would have to travel a long distance.
So it's up to you to a certain extend. When suits you?

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - http://www.thehungersite.com

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Opening soon!
I love unicycling!

Old November 7th 03, 06:58 AM
GizmoDuck

Well, Feb I'm doing Vietnam to Cambodia on a unicycle, theres the
Karapoti in first weekend of March, and then 24hr Moonride in May and
Unicon mid-year, Day/Night thriller and Aussie Uninats, and NZ Uni
Weekend (TBA) in Oct, Round Lake Taupo in November. Dunno about other
NZ Unicyclists, but those are also the events they will likely want to
do. Would autumn/winter be a better time to come to Australia? Last
time I was there in Summer it reached 45 degrees

Old November 7th 03, 08:15 AM
andrew_carter

I'll be on a big long holiday in a couple of weeks so I'll start sorting
things out properly then. UniNats is a bianuual event so the next one
is in Darwin in 2005. I don't like winter as much as summer. Sure it
can get hot, but I dont know...I just feel happier in summer. You
certainly are busy!

Andrew