Long Island Bicyclists: New (Moderated!) Discussion Group

Old August 6th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

Default Long Island Bicyclists: New (Moderated!) Discussion Group

I'd like to thank rec.bicycles.rides and its members for all the great
information I've obtained here over the past ten years or so. This group
has been an invaluable resource for rides all over the USA and beyond.

Now, with fuel prices off the map and the chance of a lifetime upon us to
get more Long Islanders out of their cars, I've decided the time is right
for Long Island cyclists to have our own forum.

Bicycling Long Island will be a fully moderated discussion board on which
Long Island cyclists will be invited to post info about their favorite
routes and pathways for leisure, commuting, exercise, etc. Political
debates, advertisements, and flame-throwing will not be permitted, as these
have been the downfall of too many great discussion groups.

If you are interested in joining, please visit
http://groups.google.com/group/bicyc...island-/topics and take a
minute to register. Any posts you submit will be reviewed by a moderator
and then posted within a reasonable time period. This is a Google Group, so
you will be able to set your preferences for e-mail notifications, etc.

I'm really excited about the possibilities for this group, and I hope you
will help make it a success.

Thanks!

Papa Tom (Moderator, Bicycling Long Island)

Old August 15th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

Long Island Uni Events? beeper Unicycling 4 November 7th 07 04:34 AM
Is there a moderated recumbent group? Freewheeling Recumbent Biking 20 October 31st 06 08:45 PM
Long Island ride Bill Taylor Rides 3 January 9th 06 01:02 AM
Long Island MUni Ride - 3/20/05 HardcoreCokerRider Unicycling 3 April 5th 05 02:43 AM
Is there a moderated recumbent group somewhere? Laurel Thomason Recumbent Biking 19 November 10th 04 04:48 AM