Chicago/Michigan rides

Old June 13th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Chicago/Michigan rides

Hi,
I'll going to spend my summer holidays near Michigan City. Do you know any
good places to road ride and MTB ride? Maybe a website with routes? Are
there any hills around?

best regards
Simon

Old June 15th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga" wrote in
message ...
Hi,
I'll going to spend my summer holidays near Michigan City. Do you know any
good places to road ride and MTB ride? Maybe a website with routes? Are
there any hills around?

best regards
Simon

If you don't want hills, take US 12 in either direction. If you go east, a
few miles into Michigan, 12 veers east toward Niles, while the Red Arrow
Highway continues NE along the Lake to St. Joseph. Either of those roads is
good riding. The hills in that direction start after Benton Harbor and they
aren't very big.

Old June 15th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Szymon "Szymszy" Seliga" wrote in
message ...
Hi,
I'll going to spend my summer holidays near Michigan City. Do you know
any
good places to road ride and MTB ride? Maybe a website with routes? Are
there any hills around?

Amish country is a bit farther east (near Elkhart), but well worth a trip.
Here's a link to further info:

http://www.newcitychicago.com/guides...amishfeat.html

Old June 25th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message

If you don't want hills,

on the contrary

Thanks to everyone