Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

Old February 24th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Default Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

I am starting this new thread so we can have a "main" thread for the
Virginia group of riders. If you're from Richmond, Fredericksburg,
Northern Virginia, D.C., or anywhere else in Virginia, please subscribe
to this thread as your main, "local" thread to stay in connection.

Since I and Dave Critchfield seem to be the ones organizing most of the
unicycle events, you can check here for updates or post your own local
events so we can see what's going on. So please subscribe and monitor
this thread!

For new events, here's what we have going on in the next 2 months:

Saturday, March 1st @ University of Maryland: the Congress of Jugglers
2008
I went here for the 2007 meet and had a blast! For more info, visit:
http://www.studentorg.umd.edu/juggling/congress.htm

April 19th "Unicycle of Dimes" (March of Dimes): Last year, we rode
our unicycles on the 5 mile march through downtown Fredericksburg.
It's happening again this year, too. Contact me if you would like more
info. After the march is free food and fun at the park. We're also
riding more after this event. I'll have a detailed flier up soon.

Again, please feel free to use this thread to communicate openly with
all the unicyclists of Virginia and post your events, discussions, and
questions here.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
We need more unicyclists in Virginia!!
Check out my videos and more at www.geocities.com/jneigh4
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

If you're from Virginia and you ride the unicycle, please subscribe this
thread! May I also suggest to go to your subscribed threads list and
activate an email notification when someone post here so you can know
when an update is made.

Old February 24th 08, 06:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
augustdreamt

I'm not from VA, but I'll be at the Congress of Jugglers this weekend.
I'm excited to finally be meeting other cyclists!

--
augustdreamt

-Of whom did August dream?-
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

Pity i don't live in the U.S.

--
Hazmat

1 WEIRD AND UNUSUAL GREEK
CYPRIOT AUSTRALIAN WHO
IS DESTINED TO BE DIFFERENT AND I WON'T STOP TILL I AM.

' My kind of driving with my favourite car.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-F_FpRBm6c)

'Can't wait till this game is finally released.'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcuZlRC3dYM)
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

Thanks Joey. Like I told you, I'll try to make it to Congress of
Jugglers next weekend.

To all VA, MD, WV, NC, DC, and PA riders,

In April (not sure of the date yet) I am going to be organizing a Belle
Ilse, Richmond VA ride. There will be a muni ride, either on the island
or a trail on the other side of the river, some natural trials on the
rocks on the river next to Belle Isle, and if there is interest it will
be a two day event and we can head downtown for some urban
trials/street.

There will be a thread up soon offering a couple weekends in April, but
go ahead and post here if you think you might come.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hell-on-wheel

I can't make it to the Juggler's thing, but of course count me in for
Belle Isle. Max, let me know if you need any help organizing.

--
hell-on-wheel

"...or the confluence of rare meteorological phenomena."
-George Peck
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

I may be in for a Belle Isle ride.

-Phil

--
pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

hell-on-wheel wrote:
I can't make it to the Juggler's thing, but of course count me in for
Belle Isle. Max, let me know if you need any help organizing.

That would be really helpful. I can do most stuff, but since you know
the trails around there it would help to have a few suggestions.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wumpus

I am in Charlottesville, mostly busy with my wee ones, graduate school
and a second job, but Ill keep informed and try to meet up when I can.
If you ever head this way for some Muni, email me

--
wumpus
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 24th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Here's the event we're organizing:

'[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8554/unifredzv5.png]'
(http://imageshack.us)