Crotch Protection

Old January 11th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tiabin

Default Crotch Protection

So, the unicycle makes me sore between the legs, and I'm curious what
others do to get around this. It's pretty painful. I'm considering
investing in a jock strap... would that help?

--
Tiabin
Old January 11th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jack-y

what kind of saddle do you have? If it's a sucky saddle, it'll hurt
you.
I wear girl's jeans and I get sore a lot less than when I wear boy's
jeans.

--
jack-y

If you don't support gay marrige, you don't have to marry me.
Old January 11th 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

Bike shorts of compression shorts would help. Modify your saddle to fit
your body better.

--
saskatchewanian
Old January 11th 09, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dtecum

In winter I wear baggy nylon sweatpants. No crotch problems. I never
wear dungarees. I summer I wear baggy nylon shorts. No crotch problems.

--
dtecum

You can't always believe a word I say.
I wouldn't join a club that has me as a member.
Old January 12th 09, 12:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

Compression shorts. They look like bike shorts but do not have padding
and they are a lot cheaper. They fit snug against your skin so the
rubbing takes place against the compression shorts and not your skin.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire
Old January 12th 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezas

I use bike shorts or I use padded bike 'underwear' under whatever else
I'm wearing like sweatpants. I also use anti monkey butt powder or
Goldbond powder, especially in hot weather. My favorite shorts are the
Calanari liners or my Performance Bicycle Gel shorts.

--
ezas