Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old August 30th 11, 08:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 4:52*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 10, 11:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The only one who is acting out of the
mainstream is yourself. Tom Sherman is the expert on Usenet, not you. You
proved your lack of perspicacity via the Ed Gin episode on ARBR some years
back.
Once again you deleted a large section of my post in responding

without so much as a SNIP *Why? because netiquette does not apply to
trolls. *That's why * Reinserted here...

Reinsert all you want. I will respond to what I think matters and you do the
same.
[...]

When in Rome do as the Romans? *You mean when on Usenet emulate a

troll/clown. *No thanks. *Perspicacity is not a trait that a
troglodyte trolls possess. *Your myopic view of Usenet is one that you
will always mistakenly subscribe to.

Everyone on Usenet is a clown except you. That is why you no longer belong
here.

Thanks for the compliment I guess. Opinion stated as fact the
underlying presuppostition being that all posters are clowns. If
true, hos sad would that be?

You are stuck in a time warp. Usenet may have been worth something when it
was new, but it is now old and it is worthless. I suspect Facebook and the
other social websites are more your speed.
Someone who has difficult writing a post without mentioning Ed Gin

accuses me of being stuck in a time warp. *Now that is a hoot. *Social
network is rife with privacy and security problems. *Social networking
appeals to lonely people indulging their egos. *Social networkers
bombard one other with blow-by-blow accounts of the daily minutiae
with a never- ending stream of status updates. *The social networker
is compelled to share their every movement and thought no matter how
mundane seemingly to validate their very existence. *It is as though
in the absence of an audience of followers, the social networker's
life would be without meaning. *Actually this sounds right up you
alley. *I'll pass.

Agreed! Hermits like myself have never needed others for anything, least of
all for anything social. I am here because I enjoy kicking dumb ass. Why are
you here?

To keep you in check, for one.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka