Electric Bikes

Old June 11th 21, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Electric Bikes

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 6:31:57 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:38:34 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/10/2021 6:28 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 7:54:32 PM UTC-5, John B. wrote:

Modern concrete
Typically, a batch of concrete can be made by using 1 part Portland
cement, 2 parts dry sand, 3 parts dry stone, 1/2 part water.

John B.

Not to get off topic. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is the topic anymore?
I've only dealt with concrete once in my life I think. Last summer I helped put a deck on and we anchored the posts in concrete. We used the ready to use bags you buy at the hardware store. Dump the bag into a wheel barrow and add some water and mix it with a shovel. Then pour in the hole. No measuring involved. Water is just whatever looks right so it mixes up to be however dense or soupy seems right.

What is a "part"? Your recipe above says parts frequently. Cement comes in bags. 50 pounds maybe. Dry powder basically. Sand and stone are measured be weight? or volume? 50 pounds of sand? 150 pounds of stone? or 2 buckets or bags of sand? 3 buckets or bags of stone? 1/2 bucket of water? 1/2 barrel of water? 1/2 bag of water?

Maybe it's like Italian grandmother recipes; handful, half
a handful, some, plenty, pinch, etc. The Greeks use 'hoofta'
which is a grandmother's hand full: Just as precise as it
needs to be.

I hear they had Italian grandmothers mixing concrete at the Hoover Dam. Eh, a liddle a dis, a liddle a dat (Louis Prima music in background)
http://digital-desert.com/hoover-dam/concrete.html

You Italian Grandmother must have mixed the concrete for my driveway. It is cracked and broken with age whereas the walkway and the floor of the garage and the foundation of the house is still perfect since it was done by the original builders and not the clowns that added things on.
Old June 11th 21, 05:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 6/11/2021 11:50 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

You Italian Grandmother must have mixed the concrete for my driveway. It is cracked and broken with age whereas the walkway and the floor of the garage and the foundation of the house is still perfect since it was done by the original builders and not the clowns that added things on.

So fix your driveway if it bothers you. You can afford to, can't you?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 11th 21, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/11/2021 11:18 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/11/2021 11:50 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

You Italian Grandmother must have mixed the concrete for
my driveway. It is cracked and broken with age whereas the
walkway and the floor of the garage and the foundation of
the house is still perfect since it was done by the
original builders and not the clowns that added things on.

So fix your driveway if it bothers you. You can afford to,
can't you?

My point was only that 'sorta close' can be perfectly fine
in many things such as home cooking and, yes, concrete.

This was in response to 'units' being questioned. The
actual mixture of the concrete is different measured by
ingredient weight than by ingredient volume. I would suspect
that difference doesn't matter.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 11th 21, 05:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:18:58 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/11/2021 11:50 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

You Italian Grandmother must have mixed the concrete for my driveway. It is cracked and broken with age whereas the walkway and the floor of the garage and the foundation of the house is still perfect since it was done by the original builders and not the clowns that added things on.

So fix your driveway if it bothers you. You can afford to, can't you?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Sure I can afford it as soon as I sell a couple of bikes. Why should I pull money out of my investments which I would have to pay taxes on when I can sell a bike without taxes?
Old June 11th 21, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:37:25 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/11/2021 11:18 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/11/2021 11:50 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:

You Italian Grandmother must have mixed the concrete for
my driveway. It is cracked and broken with age whereas the
walkway and the floor of the garage and the foundation of
the house is still perfect since it was done by the
original builders and not the clowns that added things on.

So fix your driveway if it bothers you. You can afford to,
can't you?

My point was only that 'sorta close' can be perfectly fine
in many things such as home cooking and, yes, concrete.

This was in response to 'units' being questioned. The
actual mixture of the concrete is different measured by
ingredient weight than by ingredient volume. I would suspect
that difference doesn't matter.

Concrete for home use used to be mixed in wheelbarrow portions. As a rule for things such as fence post beddings, close is more than good enough.

Electric bikes. Fred General 36 December 13th 12 02:26 AM
electric bikes Uncle Spam UK 6 March 16th 10 03:40 PM
Electric bikes? Doug[_3_] UK 181 September 28th 09 01:48 PM
Electric Bikes Brian Jones UK 10 June 27th 05 12:07 AM
Electric Bikes. BringYouToLife General 9 October 11th 04 03:45 AM