I'm having trouble riding over bumps

Old November 13th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aquaman

Default I'm having trouble riding over bumps

Whenever I attempt riding up a driveway curb or over a speed bump or any
kind of bump for that matter, I fall forward off the uni. Any advice on
how to ride over significant bumps?

--
aquaman
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

Putting all your weight on the pedals might help, and throw the uni
forwards so your center of gravity is behind you so when you hit the
bump your enertial can cary you over it and you don't fall off (hard to
explain).

Other than that Just practice.

As for riding up a curb I can't and I don't think many people do,
unless they have 24" or larger tires, we hop up them.

--
Joe2005

nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
dinosaurs. -ivan
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
underdog

I had a hard time with this too. I just worked my way up to it. Start
with little places where maybe a section of sidewalk has shifted up by
an inch or two, then do bumps a little bit bigger until you get over
them. Eventually you'll be able to ride over curbs.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

I can bash my way up 8" on my trials uni. Lean back, put one powerful
pedal stroke and hope for the best.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Joe2005 wrote:
Putting all your weight on the pedals might help, and throw the uni
forwards so your center of gravity is behind you so when you hit the
bump your enertial can cary you over it and you don't fall off (hard to
explain).

Other than that Just practice.

As for riding up a curb I can't and I don't think many people do,
unless they have 24" or larger tires, we hop up them.

Yes you can roll curbs on a 24", but it just adds a big bumb which is
relacable by a clean hop

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Practice riding up steep hills. Get to the point that you can float on
the pedals going up steep hills rather than feeling like you're really
heavy on the uni. That technique of dancing on the pedals while
climbing and lightening the uni will help get you over curbs.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chauncy

I can bump over a square, non-mountable curb on a twenty. I do as so:
Hold on to your handle,
Put your wieght on the seat
lean back a little so your tire hits the curb before you do
let yourself be thrown forward by your own momentum
swing free arm to recover
ride away.

Note go as fast as possible and keep peddiling the whole time

--
chauncy

Sean
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Klaas Bil

You could build 'this object'
(http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/unibeam.htm) and work your way up.

--
Klaas Bil
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 14th 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smee56

if you can hop it helps...all i started doing was hop over small things
till i could hop on and off curbs...just start small and get bigger...

--
smee56

Mortzł
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 14th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Municycler

Do it like Joe2005 said. And think about why you fell, and then change
the way you ride up it so you will not crash. Compensate, regenerate,
participate.

But mainly practice riding and all your skills will start progressing
so you can do lots of things.

--
Municycler

'Unicycling using a halogen bulb as a light source '
(http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebL5iL5cH0)(It works Well)

'My lil trials video.' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXZSV5RhkTQ)

http://www.usenet.com

Bumps and efficiency SYJ Techniques 16 July 3rd 06 10:21 PM
Having trouble with extreme crotch pain after only a little while of riding ... unitoon Unicycling 22 April 20th 06 07:21 PM
who installed all the bumps? flyingdutch Australia 3 June 6th 05 02:49 AM
Bumps in the pavement cathwood Unicycling 22 April 23rd 05 11:48 AM
My RBC Histograms Have Two Bumps!!! Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 19th 05 03:52 AM