How it went: Bringing my uni to Physical Geology

Old October 10th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

Default How it went: Bringing my uni to Physical Geology

Well, yesterday I brought my trials unicycle into class. I brought
gloves and wore my usual hurley boardshorts.

right away i'll say sorry to you all that i don't have any pictures.
but i feel they wouldn't have been worth it. if you read my last
thread i mentioned coming down with a cold over the weekend. this
didn't keep me from riding. i was committed to my word. but a head
cold doesn't help one balance properly and ride good.

i tried to illistrate what trials riding was, and what a trials
unicycle is, and Doc (the professor) wanted to see some action. I
mentioned my cold to the students, and said that I'll try to do
something worthwhile. So, I hopped up about 8 steps two at a time. I
rode down about six of them. I was riding near students, and didn't
trust the slippery quality of those generic school floor tiles to test
my limits. When I got to the bottom, I went to the center of the front
of the room, and did a large static hop (heard a few kids saying
'whoa'). I then rode across the room, found some space (which was hard
because there were a lot of tables in the way), and did a sketchy flat
360 on said slippery surface.

I was out of breath by this time, which is very shocking to a person
who can ride hard with little breaks for 2 hours. damn head colds,
anyway.

i think my little demo went over well, though. i said if people wanted
to see more they could watch my youtube video, and if they wanted to be
floored they could look up ryan atkins' videos on the same site. i
told a little story about how i started riding. about a neighbor
letting my try riding his dad's one halloween night, and how the next
morning i saw kris holm on ripleys believe it or not and wanted to be
able to do what he could do (well, the trials parts anyway. i don't
ride muni. the lower penninsula of michigan isn't very mountainous
last time i checked).

thanks for reading along all.

evan

--
TrialsUni
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 10th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

TrialsUni wrote:
[...]

sweet

TrialsUNn wrote:

well, the trials parts anyway. i don't ride muni. the lower
penninsula of michigan isn't very mountanous last time i checked

i know! i wish we had some good muni stuff, cause it seems super fun

--
Det-riot

Jerrick wrote:
I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and unicycles,
and back to creepy horny men.

KOXX-ONE* DOES NOT* SUCK!!!!
'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
_*UNICYCLE_FOR_DONUTS!!!!*_
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 10th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

Bravo !!

What did your teacher think?

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 10th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TrialsUni

He had a smirk on his face. I think he was taken aback, after his first
inclination that I was, "full of bullsh*t."

I'm glad to prove people wrong about unicycling. Yes, people can
really unicycle, and they can unicycle nearly anywhere humans can walk.

--
TrialsUni
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 10th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

Good job, loved this. Wait till they see you hopping up 39" ledge.
Instant fame.

--
Danni

leo wrote:
Without cocks you wouldn't even have a family forum.

'My Trials Course'
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 10th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

way to keep your word with the cold and all. still sounds likke you did
great.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 11th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

TrialsUni wrote:
i don't ride muni. the lower penninsula of michigan isn't very
mountainous last time i checked

At least that means no uphills

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 11th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

TrialsUni wrote:
Well, yesterday I brought my trials unicycle into class. ...i don't ride
muni. the lower penninsula of michigan isn't very mountainous last
time i checked).

First, great job following through with the demo.

Second, not sure if you know it, but in Pinckney, MI, northwest of Ann
Arbor, is a kick-ass MTB trail called the 'Potawatomi'
(http://www.mmba.org/trails.php?trail=17). It's a semi-technical
17-mile loop with shorter options, plenty of ups and downs. I never
uni'ed it but biked it a bunch - it's a blast.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 11th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

steveyo wrote:
First, great job following through with the demo.

Second, not sure if you know it, but in Pinckney, MI, northwest of Ann
Arbor, is a kick-ass MTB trail called the 'Potawatomi'
(http://www.mmba.org/trails.php?trail=17). It's a semi-technical
17-mile loop with shorter options, plenty of ups and downs. I never
uni'ed it but biked it a bunch - it's a blast.

Threadjack: If anybody goes there check out 'Hell, Mi.'
(http://www.hell2u.com/) (where a nice day in Hell is a good thing
).

I heard about it while listenting to NPR. They have basically have
been celebrating halloween year round for a decade or two. The story
about how the town got named, in the 1800's, was pretty interesting
(sounded better on radio though.

End threadjack.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 11th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sir Wojak

That's really cool.
Now you are famous.
But, way to come through, even with your cold, good job.

--
Sir Wojak
http://www.usenet.com