Unicycle accidents happen in the home!

Old March 19th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harley on 1 wheel

Default Unicycle accidents happen in the home!

I live in a flat (or if your an American an apartment) above some shops
on a high street. So I have no garden to practice in, as a result I
often try little tricks and mounts inside.

a week or so ago I was doing some jump-mounts and idling in my dining
room fell backwards and hit my head on the edge of the table, luckily I
have dreads and they cushioned most of the blow so I was fine. Just
wondering if you guys have had any similar things happen?

This is the place to post any severe or silly accidents that have
happened to you in your home, or have happened to your home as a result
of you.

--
harley on 1 wheel
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

i once tried to mount my new giraffe about 2 years ago and bumped my
head on the ceiling on my kitchen.

--
Tyler_N

'my videos' (http://www.youtube.com/munirider)

vanpaun wrote:
It's all for the ladies....they like the clean shaven look on your uni's
lower parts

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SHAY_CAM

360 uni-spins in my room. hit the light fixture

--
SHAY_CAM

The only occurance of world peace is when your the only one left.
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mouse

I had 3 palettes in my college apartment's living room last fall and
while trying to learn to crankgrab with the 'other' crank the crankgrab
palette turned into a facegrab couch.

good thing its a fluffy couch.

--
mouse

Originally Posted by johnfoss
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

Originally Posted by jerrick
I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and
unicycles, and back to creepy horny men.

http://www.usenet.com

Old March 19th 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harley on 1 wheel

SHAY_CAM wrote:
360 uni-spins in my room. hit the light fixture

These things are bound to happen; I have a friend who’s learning the
nunchucks he’s broken two light bulbs in the past week.

--
harley on 1 wheel
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CrazyChrisVT

A couple of years ago I was playing around with my uni in my basement.
I was freemounting and riding around. I was using the overhead floor
joists to help balance, occasionally reaching up and grabbing them.
You know where this is headed... one time I was tipping over and I
whacked my hand up onto the joist, overhead, and I felt something funny
at the edge of my palm. I instinctively pulled it away, but
unfortunately the funny feeling was the head of a roofing nail embedded
in my palm, and pulling away tore off a flap of skin. The nail wasn't
fully pounded in, and it's large round head was sticking out sideways
about 3/8".

This ended with a few stitches, as it was on the palm right at the base
of my pinky finger.

--
CrazyChrisVT
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harley on 1 wheel

CrazyChrisVT wrote:
A couple of years ago I was playing around with my uni in my basement.
I was freemounting and riding around. I was using the overhead floor
joists to help balance, occasionally reaching up and grabbing them.
You know where this is headed... one time I was tipping over and I
whacked my hand up onto the joist, overhead, and I felt something funny
at the edge of my palm. I instinctively pulled it away, but
unfortunately the funny feeling was the head of a roofing nail embedded
in my palm, and pulling away tore off a flap of skin. The nail wasn't
fully pounded in, and it's large round head was sticking out sideways
about 3/8".

This ended with a few stitches, as it was on the palm right at the base
of my pinky finger.

thats pretty dam extreem, i have a question: have you unicycled in your
basement since and if so did you make sure all protruding nails were
removed first?

--
harley on 1 wheel
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

For rainy days I've got a small trials course built up in my garage.
The only problem is inconsistent head-room as the ceiling is kind of
low in places and the garage door rails poke out. Anyhow I sometimes
"forget" and bump my head on the ceiling or rails. Once I was
side-hopping my way up this skinny ladder between a 20'' tall box and
my 3' tall box and just as I was transitioning from the ladder to the
tall box I bumped my head hard against the sheet-rock ceiling which
resulted in a large cloud of dust and debry to shower down on me!
While I was laughing, I almost bailed out but since I was already 3' up
in a confined space with no good place to jump to (what with other odds
and ends squeezed into the not trials areas of the garage) I just stuck
with it and kept going, laughing the whole time!

--
MuniSano
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Blesbok

My three-year-old somehow did a superman on his 12". I don't know how,
since he can't really ride. Unfortunately the landing wasn't at all
gracious...

--
Blesbok

It took man a couple of generations to invent the wheel and a few
millenia to learn to ride one.
http://www.usenet.com