what have you broken while unicycling?

Old July 13th 04, 02:11 AM
GizmoDuck

Default what have you broken while unicycling?

Broken ankle (Webber C), screwed back together in Kathmandu:

| Attachment filename: aaz.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/223275|

GizmoDuck - Spin Doctor K

o-kO

"Give man dead fish, and he feed himself for lunch, teach man to catch
fish, and he feed himself for life. Teach man to wheel ride, and he
make friends everywhere, anywhere, and even have lunch at their
place."
Old Chinese saying

'Cambodia Unicycle Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuv31)

Old July 13th 04, 02:13 AM
gasmaster

looks ouch-ful

--
gasmaster - level 4 unicyclist

Real men only need 1 wheel.
gasmaster's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6713

Old July 13th 04, 02:23 AM
daino149

I've broken a bench (really funny story).

I've also broken a lot of skin and unicycle parts.

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
Kaena
Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
on the right"
Sig count: 2

04.05.23 11214
04.05.25 11284
04.05.26 11329

Old July 13th 04, 02:46 AM
Erin

Broken ankle...no hardware necessary.... right here in Vancouver on the
last day of summer holidays...and the day before the first day of a new
school year....

--
Erin - Onewheeler

"Life's short, ride often."
Erin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2036

Old July 13th 04, 03:18 AM
darchibald

I crashed through a window on my front porch. Man, were my parents
mad!

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old July 13th 04, 04:09 AM
einrad_traum

i hanvt had any nasty falls that caused broken body parts. but pretty
much shredded the plastic pedals on my first uni to bits. as well as
denting the seatpost so much that now it wont tighten... man will i be
glad when my new qu-ax muni comes!
i also demolished a bail of hay (doesnt sound bad but it was harder than
ude think). oh and i broke a bench but i mended it again before anyone
found out. almost broke my cat.. she ended up breaking my skin instead

-jess-

--
einrad_traum - Einräder sind toll

ET
-Einrad Traum-
(unicycle dream)
einrad_traum's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6602

Old July 13th 04, 05:06 AM
James_Potter

I -think- I broke my wrist, but I never went to the doctor so I think it
healed by itself. And if that's the case, and the doctors find out that
it did heal by itself, then it probably healed incorrectly so they'll
have to rebreak it and put it in a cast.... That would be funny, I could
say that I broke my arm while at the doctor's to see if my arm was
broken.

--
James_Potter - Rettop_Semaj

-If there was an eleventh commandment, it is to be "thou shalt dip thy
pizza, for it is, wicked."-
--Thedan

Old July 13th 04, 06:07 AM
UniBrier

I've broken my heel (calcaneous) bone.

Some good reading in 'uni related injuries...'
(http://tinyurl.com/725qo).

As for breaking stuff: Just a few weak pallet boards and the occasional
bruised ego.

| Attachment filename: uni101702 021b.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/223315|

UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve De Cuckoo

"Only an idiot would try to ride a pointed stick with a wheel on the
bottom." - ‘tiped again’ on the early stages of mastering the uni.

UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old July 13th 04, 06:32 AM
PopeSamXVI

I broke my unicycle.

Many times.

I've been riding for just over 3 months.

--
PopeSamXVI - Resident Hogwasher/Hornswaggler

Karol Jozef Wojtyla Forever!

I really am the president of my own fan club. www.samhunterfanclub.tk
PopeSamXVI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6661

Old July 13th 04, 11:51 AM
wobbling bear

(there already was a thread about that)
broke my achille's tendon (left foot)
now I use a karate padding to protect both tendons.
(this over 661 : I look like an eskimo wearing kamiks)

BTW I am wondering wether using the pedals under the arch
(as I do) is not bad for your tendons? any hint?

bear

--
wobbling bear - GranPa goes-a-wobblin'
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716