Agree with Bobke..

Old July 2nd 05, 06:35 PM
Jaybee

Default Agree with Bobke..

I was thinking the same as Bobke, when he commented that Lance might have just eased
up enough to avoid the maillot jaune on the opening day. The radio contact they
have certainly could have told him exactly how he stood with 100 meters to go, and
he would have pulled out some extra if he wanted to.
Now Discovery just rides on the backs of CSC until the TTT. Seems to me it was a
strategy, not a loss for Discovery today.
Old July 2nd 05, 06:42 PM
DepartFictif

Also with 100 meters to go, you can see the time boards. It did
however look like LA might have held back a little before passing Jan,
perhaps to make sure he passed him at a slightly higher rate... mind
games?!

Old July 2nd 05, 06:48 PM
Jet

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:35:22 -0700, Jaybee wrote:

I was thinking the same as Bobke, when he commented that Lance might have just eased
up enough to avoid the maillot jaune on the opening day. The radio contact they
have certainly could have told him exactly how he stood with 100 meters to go, and
he would have pulled out some extra if he wanted to.
Now Discovery just rides on the backs of CSC until the TTT. Seems to me it was a
strategy, not a loss for Discovery today.

He was three seconds up on Z at 15K (16:46 vs Z's 16:49).

I think if LA looked back and saw a pack of cuddly bunnies chasing him he
could have pulled out 2.1 seconds in the last 200 yds.

jj

Old July 2nd 05, 07:25 PM
Mikko J Virtanen

Jaybee writes:
Now Discovery just rides on the backs of CSC until the TTT. Seems to
me it was a strategy, not a loss for Discovery today.

Note that they'll (DSC) be leaving _before_ CSC to the TTT, which is
not necessarily a good thing (for CSC). The last to leave has usually
won the TTT too.

Do they have the same timecut system in the TTT this year?

MJ;

--
..signature necesse est
Old July 2nd 05, 10:14 PM
bikeguy11968

wah wah wah! i'm going to throw my helmet. I only got second. wah!

Seems like team strategy was testing aero helmets crash worthiness. Big
baby.

Old July 2nd 05, 10:14 PM
bikeguy11968

Old July 3rd 05, 07:23 AM
Kyle Legate

Jaybee wrote:
I was thinking the same as Bobke, when he commented that Lance might
have just eased up enough to avoid the maillot jaune on the opening
day.

Because LANCE didn't win he must have therefore eased up?

Goddamn, this is gonna be a long month.
Old July 3rd 05, 10:45 PM
Bob Schwartz

Kyle Legate wrote:
Because LANCE didn't win he must have therefore eased up?

Goddamn, this is gonna be a long month.

I had to leave before the final result to go ride to a
race I was working at. I was in a pre-race meeting and
someone got there late that had stayed home to watch
the result. When he got there he announced that LANCE
had finished second. He didn't mention who won.

Bob Schwartz