Winter hat to wear under a helmet?

Old September 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
Sanjay Punjab

Default Winter hat to wear under a helmet?

I would like to ride my bicycle to school during the winters when
there is no snow on the ground. Is there a winter hat that is thin
enough to wear under a bike helmet yet still keep your head warm in
cold weather?
Thanks
Old September 3rd 03, 03:29 AM
Bob

I rode all winter down to 5 deg F with a Cannondale Balaclava. Was NEVER
cold. I'm sure other brands are just as good but this is a fine, thin, warm
om...

Old September 3rd 03, 12:57 PM
Peter Cole

"Sanjay Punjab" wrote in message
om...
I would like to ride my bicycle to school during the winters when
there is no snow on the ground. Is there a winter hat that is thin
enough to wear under a bike helmet yet still keep your head warm in
cold weather?

I ride all year here in Boston. I find that a thin polypro balaclava works
even on the coldest days. I just use micro-fleece headbands to cover forehead
and ears in milder temps. Hands & feet are the real problem areas.

Old September 3rd 03, 08:08 PM
Bob M

On 3 Sep 2003 11:40:17 -0700, Phil wrote:

(Sanjay Punjab) wrote in message
. com...
I would like to ride my bicycle to school during the winters when
there is no snow on the ground. Is there a winter hat that is thin
enough to wear under a bike helmet yet still keep your head warm in
cold weather?
Thanks

Try a snowmobile dealer for a good selection of thin, warm headgear.

Or you can try online at Dennis Kirk:

http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...&SD2=Face+Mask

They are bound to have something that will work well for you. The
best stuff is wind-resistant and costs a bit more.

Why is there no ski masks? The balaclavas don't cover enough and they are
hard to breath through. My nose will freeze.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old September 4th 03, 03:47 AM
Saltytri

In addition to a skull cap or balaclava, try a helmet rain cover in really cold
weather. Keeping the wind out is a big help.

Helmet reminder... RB General 24 September 24th 03 12:00 PM
France helmet observation (not a troll) Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 20 August 30th 03 08:35 AM
Q: old helmet straps toobdood General 10 August 21st 03 11:03 PM
How I cracked my helmet Rick Warner General 2 July 12th 03 11:26 AM
Any helmet laws successfully overturned? one of the six billion General 20 July 3rd 03 12:34 AM