Rockville Hills Park, Fairfield, CA or surrouding area.

Old January 16th 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kevkahuna711

Default Rockville Hills Park, Fairfield, CA or surrouding area.

Hey if anyone ever goes on a ride up at Rockville Hills park (Northern
CA), or the surrounding area pls contact me. I am a pretty new rider
and not super good, but I would like to ride with other unicyclist.

--
Kevkahuna711
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 16th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Rockville Hills is a great park; here are some shots from the rides we
did there last year:

'3/4/2007' (http://tinyurl.com/2lqo28)
'5/26/2007' (http://tinyurl.com/2xjevh)

We'll be doing at least one road trip up that way in our Moab
preparation; join our mailing list if you want to keep informed:

http://berkeleyunicycling.org/

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 20th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kevkahuna711

I just went yesterday, and now I cannot walk.

--
Kevkahuna711
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 21st 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Kevkahuna711 wrote:
I just went yesterday, and now I cannot walk.

Cool! Rockville will tire you out, no doubt; there's not a lot of big
climbs or descents, but the stuff that's there is so technical that it
takes a lot of energy and you wind up falling on rocks a fair amount.

We'll probably be up there in mid-late February.

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 23rd 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kevkahuna711

Ya I'm not nearly good enough for the technical stuff. As far as decents
and whatnot there are some pretty steep areas at the back entrance. Not
sure if you are really supposed to be back there, but there is some
cool stuff. Most of the middle is just kinda flat up by the lakes
though.

--
Kevkahuna711
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 29th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
diamondblast

how come there is no road map ,only for roads that fit for riding or
is there?

--
diamondblast
Old October 29th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

diamondblast;1121213 wrote:
how come there is no road map ,only for roads that fit for riding or
is there?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but there's a good map at
http://tinyurl.com/67bbag. The most fun parts of the park are the
section at the lower right, the Rock Gardens trail, the Cave Trail, and
the Quarry Trail.

--
tholub
Old October 30th 08, 12:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniaddict

Cool, lets go!

--
uniaddict

Any bay area riders up for a ride PM me!
'SixSixOne' (http://sixsixone.com/)
*85 foot coast!*