Evil motorists

Old March 11th 16, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

Default Evil motorists

Typical evil motorists: they leap out of their motor vehicle, beat an innocent man with an iron bar before driving off in the assaulted man's vehicle.

Is there no honour between motorists?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-35787343
Old March 11th 16, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 11/03/2016 21:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
Typical evil motorists: they leap out of their motor vehicle, beat an innocent man with an iron bar before driving off in the assaulted man's vehicle.

Is there no honour between motorists?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-35787343

cyclists do it all the time as well
Old March 12th 16, 02:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 10:37:12 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 11/03/2016 21:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
Typical evil motorists: they leap out of their motor vehicle, beat an innocent man with an iron bar before driving off in the assaulted man's vehicle.

Is there no honour between motorists?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-35787343

cyclists do it all the time as well

The 'But he hit me first Mummy' defence as used by infants everywhere.

Old March 12th 16, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 10:37:12 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 11/03/2016 21:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
Typical evil motorists: they leap out of their motor vehicle, beat an innocent man with an iron bar before driving off in the assaulted man's vehicle.

Is there no honour between motorists?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-35787343

cyclists do it all the time as well

What? Leap out of their motor vehicle!?
Old March 12th 16, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 12/03/2016 08:44, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 10:37:12 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 11/03/2016 21:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
Typical evil motorists: they leap out of their motor vehicle, beat an innocent man with an iron bar before driving off in the assaulted man's vehicle.

Is there no honour between motorists?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-35787343

cyclists do it all the time as well

What? Leap out of their motor vehicle!?

attack other cyclists and steal their bicycles. Goodness, how thick are
you?
Old March 12th 16, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 12:55:40 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 12/03/2016 08:44, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 10:37:12 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 11/03/2016 21:06, Tom Crispin wrote:
Typical evil motorists: they leap out of their motor vehicle, beat an innocent man with an iron bar before driving off in the assaulted man's vehicle.

Is there no honour between motorists?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-35787343

cyclists do it all the time as well

What? Leap out of their motor vehicle!?

attack other cyclists and steal their bicycles. Goodness, how thick are
you?

In all my years as a cyclist, I have only ever experienced one bicycle theft, and I have no evidence that it was a cyclist who stole it. The only assalting I have experienced is by a motorist - a local authority gritter lorry driver.

It is quite wrong to say that cyclists "do it all the time".
Old March 12th 16, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/03/2016 17:54, Tom Crispin wrote:
[...]

Well, is that correct?

Yitzhak insists that an untrained, untested, unlicensed, uninsured
individual who stole a car and killed someone with it was nevertheless a
"driver".

On that basis (if you accept it), anyone who who has it away with your
stolen bike must be a cyclist.

Old March 12th 16, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 12/03/2016 18:41, JNugent wrote:
[...]

Bikes being stolen at fist or knife point are often reported in the news.
Old March 12th 16, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 6:41:24 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

No.

It is unlikely that someone who stole a car and then killed someone with it did not drive that car.

It is perfectly feasible for a non-cyclist to steal a bike and then load it into a van. In the case of my stolen bicycle, that is the most likely scenario. It was locked with three locks:
1. Front wheel to a bike rack
2. Cable through the frame and into the front wheel lock
3. Back wheel to the frame

The cable was cut and the bike removed from the front wheel. The bike was stolen in an unrideable state. And this from outside the Porters' Lodge at King's College Cambridge where I was hosting a wine tasting for the Cambridge University Wine Society.

It may have been a cyclist who stole my bike, but if it was, I guess he or she was a driver at the time of the theft and my bike went in a van.
Old March 12th 16, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 8:01:03 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Presumably because the crime is so rare rather than because it happens "all the time".